"The scope of this remarkable volume is really astonishing as it provides us a comprehensive glimpse of our multidimensional history which is as multidimensional as human life itself. With his valuable research of the period of the independence struggle, Dr. Sadanand More has indeed accomplished an outstanding task."
- Prof. J. V. Naik
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Lokamanya To Mahatma is indeed a rare gem and a precious addition to Indian literature, based on the independence movement in Maharashtra. This book is the translation of the ground-breaking Marathi book ‘Lokamanya Te Mahatma’, that leaves readers spellbound every time it is read.
The journey of any movement for independence is shaped by its leaders. While this is so, it is also true that the decisions taken by the leaders, to a great extent, are influenced by their followers as well as the events that take place around them. Tracing the journey of transition of the leadership of the Indian freedom struggle from Lokamanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak to Mahatma Gandhi, the book presents the reader with a comprehensive, in-depth analysis of the unknown yet interesting facets of history that most readers are unaware of.
Giving a clear insight into the intricacies of the relationship between the two leaders, their independent ways of thinking and the events that shaped it and compelled them to take the decisions they did, the book highlights their respective paths and the results that they brought about. Additionally, it also brings to light the contribution of the Marathi theatre to the freedom struggle.
An authentic, well-researched and comprehensive volume of the political history of Maharashtra during the independence struggle!
"Through this book, Dr. More has provided great insight into the history of modern Maharashtra and contemporary life through holistic multidisciplinary research. It is certainly commendable that he has single-handedly done a job that would normally require many hands to complete."
- Y. D. Phadke
"A very important feature of this book is that it has created a new milestone in political history writing through a novel way of presentation with historical references and evidence."
- Dilip Purushottam Chitre
"This great volume not only provides a new paradigm on a very stressful but brilliant period of Indian history, but also makes the reader do some serious introspection."
- Kumar Ketkar
Author - Dr. Sadanand Shridhar More (Dehukar)
M.A., Ph.D. (Philosophy), M.A. (Ancient Indian Culture & History)
- Scholar of Literature of Saints and Social Customs & Practices in Maharashtra
- Established a new format of writing history by revealing various facets of the cultural history of Maharashtra through the works 'Tukaram Darshan', 'Lokamanya te Mahatma' and 'Garja Maharashtra'
- Recipient of awards from various important institutions including Sahitya Akademi for 'Tukaram Darshan’
- An artistic portrayal of politics in Maharashtra through the plays 'Ujalalya Disha' and 'Shivacharitra’
- Editorial contribution to several books and journals; extensive travel on account of lectures, seminars and symposiums; an active commentator on contemporary issues
- Office-bearer on various Government and Non-Government bodies like Sahitya Akademi and Language Advisory Committee
- Worked with Savitribai Phule Pune University as Professor of Philosophy and retired as the Head of Department; Chair Professor and Director in various faculties
- Received the Best Teacher Award from the Government of Maharashtra
|Binding||Hardcover + Jacket|
|Dimensions||6.7 x 9.5|